Nelson Attractions and Activities
Abelia Motor Lodge is located in Nelson Tasman Region at the top of the South Island in New Zealand. This region is famous for its sunny warm weather and relaxing atmosphere. The Nelson Tasman Region offers you a variety of activities. You will also enjoy our art and craft galleries.
Nelson Region Video – To see the precious experience in Nelson Region.
Nelson Tasman National Park Video – To see the beautiful Abel Tasman National Park.
Nelson City Video – To see our friendly Nelson City – A jewel of New Zealand
Nelson Things to do:
- Tahunanui Beach – 10 minutes walk from Abelia Motor Lodge
- Saturday morning Nelson flee market – At Montgomery Square. You will be able to an opportunity to understand the Nelson culture while mingle with Nelsonian.
- Have a game of tennis – Four good tennis courts are right beside Abelia Motor Lodge. We offer complimentary rackets and balls for your pleasure.
- Play golf – Tahunanui Golf course is only about 3 Km away from Abelia Motor Lodge. Greenacres and Maitai Valley golf courses are also not far away.
- Art Trail – Follow the Art Trail to visit the city’s famous art galleries and craft centres.
- Boating and hiking in Abel Tasman National Park.
- Tahunanui Fun Park – You can have hydro slide, mini golf, bumping boats and roller skate at the fun park at the Tahunanui Beach.
- Horse riding.
- Miyazu Japanese Garden.
- Ride four wheel drive motorcycle and the exciting Sky Wire.
- Wine Trail – Wine tasting at various vineyards.
- Kayaking – In the Abel Tasman National Park or at Kaiteriteri.
- Founders Park – An village with the early immigrants’ buildings.
- WOW – A museum to house the winner garments in the Wearable Art competition. Also the largest collection of vintage cars.
- Fruit picking – You can pick strawberry, blueberry, apple, cherry, etc.
- Sky Dive
Come to Nelson and stay with our sunny motel to enjoy the luxury comfortable accommodation and interesting activities in the Nelson area.